It is human nature to want people to think that you are younger than your actual age. But some signs of ageing are just too difficult to hide. For example, the drooping skin on your neck and under the chin.
The purpose of a neck lift is to remove excess skin or fat and tighten the muscles on your neck to restore its smooth and attractive appearance. Although it does not completely eliminate the presence of wrinkles, the surgery can make them less noticeable. Typical patients for a neck lift are those aged 30 to 70.
You are a good candidate for neck lift surgery if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have optimal bone structure
- Your skin has good elasticity
- You have turkey wattle neck
- You have excess fat and skin on the neck
- You have loose or sagging skin under the jaw line
- You are unhappy with the ageing appearance of your neck
A very common reason for neck lift surgery is to correct “turkey neck” — also known as the lateral ptosis of the frontal neck derma. This is often a result of ageing, bone loss, genetics, and decline of skin elasticity.
In getting rid of the turkey neck, your surgeon will make incisions below your chin and/or behind your ears to access the neck muscles, tighten and reposition them. The procedure could take 2 to 3 hours, and longer if done with other surgery like a face lift.
Browse our collections of before and after photos by Category
Benefits of neck lift:
- Reduced wrinkles and saggy skin
- Enhanced neck contour
- Toned appearance of the skin under the chin
- Renewed confidence
- Improved self-image
Questions to ask your surgeon:
- Is neck lift surgery recommended to me and why?
- What can I expect after the procedure?
- Can I leave the clinic/hospital after the surgery or stay overnight?
- How soon can I go back to my routine activities after the surgery?
- For how long can I enjoy the result?
- What incision technique is ideal for me and why?
- What are my options for anaesthesia?
- Is the surgery safe?
- How can I prepare myself for the surgery?
To know if you make a good candidate for a neck lift, simply fill out our personal assessment form. A board-certified surgeon will review your information and provide a price estimate for the procedure.