Information About This Procedure
A dental bridge is a fixed removable denture that joins an artificial tooth to the adjacent teeth or dental implants. It is usually made from gold, alloys, porcelain or a combination of these materials.
The three main types of dental bridges are:
- Traditional bridges – involves creating a crown for the teeth on either side of the space and placing a false tooth (or teeth) between the crowns.
- Cantilever bridges – held in the mouth by one or more crowns on only one side of the space where a tooth is missing.
- Maryland bonded bridges – made of plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal framework. This type is not as expensive as traditional bridges, however, it is also not as strong as the bonding material.
You are a good candidate for a bridge work if
- you are missing one or more teeth
- you have healthy teeth around the tooth gap
- you have a positive outlook and realistic expectations
You are a good candidate for dentures if:
- provides natural looking tooth
- comfortable fit in the mouth
- permanent and secure placement
- restores your beautiful and confident smile
- improves chewing and speech ability
- maintains the shape of your face
- improves bite
- prevents remaining teeth from repositioning
To know if you make a good candidate for dental bridge simply fill out our personal assessment form. A board-certified dental specialist will review your information and provide a price estimate for the procedure.