Information About This Procedure
Your breasts can have a profound impact on how you see yourself. They can make you feel insecure or proud. You may not be aiming to have big breasts, but wouldn’t it be nice if yours are firmer or perkier?
Getting your breast augmented is a very personal decision. You should do it to make yourself feel good and not to save a dying relationship or please your partner. Therefore, it is very important to learn as much about the surgery to set your expectations straight.
One of the most common reasons for breast augmentation is to improve the breast size. Small breasts can be hereditary, and unfortunately, many women are a victim of such circumstances. Another popular reason is to restore the volume of the breasts after a significant weight loss or breastfeeding.
You are a good candidate for breast augmentation if:
- you are over 18 and in perfectly good health
- you have realistic expectations
- you are not satisfied with the size and shape of your breasts
- your breasts are asymmetric
- your breasts have drooped or sagged as a result of pregnancy/breastfeeding
- your breasts are not in proportion with your body
Breast augmentation remains the most in demand cosmetic surgical procedure in industrialized countries like the United States, Canada, and Australia. Around the world, hundreds of thousands of women are having their breasts augmented, and more than 90% admitted they were satisfied with the results.
Benefits of breast augmentation:
- increased self-esteem
- improved sex life
- increased confidence
- improved breast shape, size, and symmetry
- improved aesthetic appeal
Finding an experienced and board certified surgeon is critical to the success of breast augmentation procedures. Look for someone you can trust and not just one who is popular in their field. Remember, the outcome can make or break your self-image. So you have to be certain that your chosen surgeon will help you understand your options as well as the risks and complications of the surgery.
Some of the things you can bring up with your surgeon are size and shape of your implants, incision sites, and placement of the implants.
Questions to ask your surgeon:
- Is breast augmentation right for me?
- What is the cost of breast augmentation and what are included in the fee?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital after the surgery? If so, how long?
- Where will you conduct the procedure?
- How long will the surgery take to complete?
- What is the recovery period?
- What type of anaesthesia will be recommended to me?
- What are the risks of the surgery and how will I handle them?
- Will breast augmentation surgery affect my ability to breastfeed in the future?
- How long will the implants last?
- Will you provide aftercare assistance?
To know if you make a good candidate for breast augmentation simply fill out our personal assessment form. A board-certified surgeon will review your information and provide a price estimate for the procedure.