For men who feel self-conscious about their appearance, male breast reduction (Gynaecomastia) surgery can help. And you are not alone; Gynaecomastia (man boob reduction) is a common disorder that is estimated to affect between 40 – 60% of men. Our team of highly experienced surgeons specialises in male breast surgery and are committed to guiding you through this process, providing you with the best advise, support and patient care so that you can achieve your desired look and feel comfortable in the skin that you were born in. Gynaecomastia surgery for men is a personal journey that can liberate a male from much discomfort and frustration.
You are a good candidate for male breast reduction surgery if:
- You have firm, elastic skin that will reshape to the body’s new contours
- You are physically healthy
- You are a non-smoker and do not use drugs
- You are psychologically stable
- You have realistic expectations
- You put your full trust to the surgeon
Is male breast reduction right for me?
- You are concerned about the bulging appearance of your chest
- You would like to improve your appearance and boost your self-confidence
- Your condition has not been resolved by alternative, non-invasive treatments
- You have exhausted appropriate exercise and dieting routines
- Your condition has lasted 12 months or longer
Browse our collections of before and after photos by Category
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will you conduct the procedure?In a private hospital.
- How long do I have to stay in hospital after the procedure?You may leave the day of surgery.
- What type of anaesthesia will be used?Local, twilight or general anaesthetic.
- Do I have to wear pressure garments after the surgery?Yes, for 4-6 weeks.
- What is the recovery period?If you work you can resume work after 5-7 days rest. If you have a job that involves manual work, then you will need to take 10-14 days of rest before you resume work. Strenuous exercise is not allowed for 6 weeks.