Your eyes can give so much impressions even though you are not saying a word. They are capable of conveying alertness, tiredness, youthfulness, melancholy, cheerfulness and exuberance, to name a few.
Although applying makeup can hide minor inconsistencies around your eyes, they do not usually provide total and long-term satisfaction.
An effective remedy for puffy eyes is called blepharoplasty or eye lift surgery. The procedure removes excess skin, muscles, or fat from the upper and/or lower eyelids to give you a younger looking appearance.
Eyelids drooping is another popular reason why people would opt for an eye lift surgery. Ageing is a very common cause of droopy eyelids. Diabetes, stroke, Horner syndrome, and nerve injury can also cause eyelids to droop.
You are a good candidate for eye lift surgery if:
- You have healthy facial tissue and muscles
- You are physically healthy and have realistic expectations of the procedure
- You have inherited puffy and saggy eyes
- You have bags under the eyes (due to poor lifestyle, ageing, pregnancy, etc.)
- You have droopy eyelids that impair your vision
- You have fine wrinkles in the lower eyelids
- You have excess folds in the upper eyelids that rub together and causing irritation
Most patients find an eye lift surgeon by means of referral. Others looks for a surgeon that offers the cheapest package. But more important than the price is your satisfaction. Therefore, you should look for a surgeon you can trust and help you make informed decisions.
An eye lift is performed under local or general anaesthesia. If you choose to have local anaesthesia, you will remain awake throughout the procedure but the area around your eyes were numb. This type of anaesthesia is given either orally or intravenously. A general anaesthesia, on the other hand, puts you to sleep during the entire duration of the surgery. This is usually given if the procedure involved is more complicated.
After the anaesthesia has been administered your surgeon will create incision lines that are appropriate to the type of eye lift technique being carried out. Generally, the incisions are designed to make the scars well hidden within the natural structures of the eyelid region. The entire procedure may take 1 to 3 hours.
Browse our collections of before and after photos by Category
Benefits of an eye lift surgery:
- Improved vision
- Decreased puffiness of the upper eyelid
- Reduction of eye bags
- Reduction of droopiness of the lower eyelid
- Lessened excess skin and wrinkles in the lower eyelid
- Youthful appearance of the eyes